Monday, March 5, 2012

Zen the Boxer

     Hello, everyone!  My name is Zen and I am a boxer dog.  My life is very hard.  My day starts very early, as I have to get up at 5 in the morning to take my human for a walk.  For some reason, he gets up before the sun gets up and wakes me up so he isn't lonely as he walks down the stairs.  I smell around the bushes a bit and leave a mark for the other dogs in my neighborhood and then we head back upstairs so I can go back to sleep.
     Around 8 or so, the prettier human gets up and starts a machine that squirts out a brownish liquid and has a tart smell to it.  Yuck!  How do humans drink that stuff?  I lick myself a bit to get the smell out of my nose and wait for the pretty human and the other one to take me down to the metal box that takes me to my other home.  It's nice to have humans to chauffeur me around.  I try and thank them by licking their faces, but they avoid my long tongue.
     When we get to my other home, I notice there are always 1 or 2 fluffy critters hanging around.  They kind of look like my brother and sister, but they smell different and they are OUTSIDE!  My brother and sister never go outside!  They stay at home and lounge on the human beds and sitting things and chase each other around like they were puppies.  I love my brother and sister, though.  My big sister welcomed me with open paws when my pretty human brought me home.  She would look down from the human sitting thing and pat my nose with her paw and let me know that she liked me.  I will always protect them.
     Now I am in my other home and the pretty one gives me some yummies in my bowl.  I try not to dribble them on the floor, but they are so yummy!  I usually get them later at my next yummy time anyway.  I go out into the outdoor part of my other home and drink from the unusually large water dish that my humans have.  I will never be able to drink it all, not sure why they made it so big.  My water dish at my first home is tiny and my brother and sister share it with me.  Humans are so odd.
     One of my humans has a yellow bouncy thing now.  I love this game!  Bounce! it goes up in the air and I try to catch it before it can hit the ground!  Sometimes I get it on the first try and bring it back to the human, who bounces it again.  I have him trained very well!  When he gets tired of playing, I stop bringing the bouncy thing back to him and go and lie in the sun for a bit.  Boy, that sure feels good!  I nap for a bit and before I know it, it is yummy time again!  I love yummies!
     The pretty human has been very busy taking care of a slow moving human and I try and stay out of the way when she uses this metal cagey looking thing that rolls a bit.  The slow moving human is very sneaky, though.  Sometimes when the pretty human isn't looking, the slow human tries to kick at me, but I am way too fast. 
     When the sun starts to go down, I know it is getting close to the time to go back to my first home.  I love to get back in the metal box and watch the lights going by as we zoom away.  When I ride with just the other human, slidy things go down and lets wind in and I put my face out and get all those wonderful scents in my nose.  Then I lay in my padded seat for a bit until we are almost home.  My humans think it's amusing when I start to dance around in anticipation about getting home.  Silly humans!
     At 8:30 in the dark time, I tell my other human that it is time for his last walk of the evening and he gets my ropey thing and puts it around my neck so he doesn't get lost in the dark.  For some reason the other human just can't see very well in the dark time, so I lead him around for a bit, marking bushes and leaving secret messages for the other dogs in the neighborhood.  For some reason though, when I poop, he keeps picking it up in this rustly thing and carries it with him until I decide to go back home.  Strange human!
     Once we get back in for the night, my humans either curl up on one of the two sitting things and watch a box or a thing that sits in their laps and they talk about their day with me.  The other human goes to a wood swinging thing and gets me my midnight snack.  He does this every night, as I have him trained very well!  I talk to my brother and sister for a bit, but they have nothing to report as they have slept all day.  Lazy bones fluffies!  They tend to prowl around in the dark time and try and wake the humans up with what they think is their cuteness.  Silly fluffies!  I am the one who does cute things for my humans!
     Well, that's a day in my life.  It's a dog's life, I know, but someone has to do it.  Thanks for reading my markings.  Have a better one.  Woof! Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment